About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hey teach! It's cal-cu-lus!

Lately I've been learning about many things.
Here's a small list:

-my many insecurities

-my pride is so closely linked to insecurities

-I'm wired for friendship

-how intense I can be. ugh. so frustrating sometimes

-loving without judgement




-setting limits and boundaries


-not holding unrealistic expectations

-how I need to get out of my head & focus on others

-what I'm gifted with versus what drains me

-I sorely miss routine in my life


-God truly does answer prayer, at unexpected times

-I am not in control of my life



-I'm not very good at orchestrating my life

-my life is not about me

-I care too much about what people think (about me, what is said, things that may happen. the list is never-ending.)

-I need to get over a few certain things (friendships & unmet expectations)

-patience.

Ecc. 7:8 "patience is better than pride"
-I do not need to please everyone.

-Words of affirmation are most definitely my love language.
"I do not need to be praised.....like my need to be liked."  -Michael Scott, anyone?


-how I need to stop building up treasure on earth.
It won't last, I don't want it to, and in the end, it's just stuff.   
more on this later


-God speaks in many forms:
whispers, a smack on the head, too many band-aids on one hand, written words, strangers, pictures, songs, eloquent words, and in times of struggling to understand confusing symbolism


One of the biggest things I need to focus on this week:
__________________________________________________________

"When times are good, be happy;
   but when times are bad,
consider this:
God has made
the one
   
as well as the other. "
__________________ Ecclesiastes 7:14
link  _______



P.S. The title of this post is from a movie I've seen probably 3 times.Not necessarily by choice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment