About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

a motto + a song

Today as I was finishing up  In His Steps  by Charles Sheldon,
 the song Take My Life by Chris Tomlin popped into my head.


While reading Sheldon's book, I was struck by the fact of --true Christian discipleship--

After a series of lifechanging events, a pastor, Henry Maxwell challenges his congregation to ask ‘What would Jesus do?’ before doing anything, and then to act as they are led by the Holy Spirit, regardless of personal consequences. Some people accept the challenge & truly seek to live by it, some face loss (social status/wealth/jobs), some struggle and doubt what Jesus would have them do in their life, still, others find a purpose and seek to wholeheartedly imitate Christ in every way. While working to meet the challenge, many realize that they must grow in their knowledge of Jesus in order to act like & imitate him.
 
Yet, as in reality, some reject the challenge as fanatical imitation of Jesus & see no need for change, others hold onto vices, habits & sins, and others loudly oppose the challenge. In the end, however, widespread change occurs and an exciting movement begins. .........The premise of his book on Wikipedia.org.

After reading the book, I was compelled to ask myself, What Would Jesus Do with my life?

First, he would apologize for being easily angered with my mom last night.
Secondly, he would be patient, enduring the sacrifice of personal desires that I am going through with humility and grace. Joyfully seeking human suffering and personal sacrifice.
Then, I thought about what I've been focusing on lately.
And honestly, for a long time (maybe a month), I've been driven by selfish desires and focused on meeting my needs/desires/wants.

One of those desires concerned blogging.
After hearing about different women who stopped blogging, others who've gone on breaks, and still others who have struggled with different aspects of blogging, I read a lot of 'do it for you- not x amount of followers' and I found myself torn.

Now, after reading Sheldon's story, I find myself realizing,
no I will not continue blogging for others.  no, I will not continue blogging for myself.  no, I will continue blogging for God.


By writing about my life/struggles/dreams/likes, I can glorify Him.
And that is how I plan to continue blogging.
I do not share this for personal acclaim, vanity, or any impure intentions.


I share this as my personal motto.
--My blog's manifest.--

Needless to say, the book is awesome.
I love me some Christian fiction : )



{
Take My Life}
-Chris Tomlin

Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice and let me sing
always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as You choose.

-Chorus-
Here am I, all of me.
Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Take my will and make it Thine
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is Thine own
it shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord I pour
at Your feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
ever, only, all for Thee.
Take myself and I will be
ever, only, all for Thee.

Here am I, all of me.
Take my life, it's all for Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment