About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bittersweet

Life is truly bittersweet sometimes.

Yesterday my older sister received a long-term substitute teaching job.
After asking who she was subbing for, my mom told me that it was a family friend.
I started laughing because the friend teaches kindergarten. 'Kelly's going to have a fun time with that!' I thought.
Then my Mom went on to say that our friend needs a substitute because her husband has throat cancer.


'Oh.' I said.

Ever since my great aunt died of lung cancer in November, my entire family has been especially wary of friends and family members who are sick or dying.


Later that night my mom asked Rachel and I, "How do you get throat cancer if you've never smoked?" (Referring to our friend.)

To which Rachel replied, "How do you get lung cancer if you've never smoked?"



-


At the other end of the spectrum, while at Disneyland last Tuesday, I received a text message that a mom I babysit for had her third baby boy that morning! What joy and happiness I felt for her and her family. What gratitude and thanksgiving to God was in my heart.






Bitter.sweet. I tell you.

That's life.








Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE33ejdgWIY&feature=related
Also, this is great too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkBh5ObVyww

No comments:

Post a Comment