About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Fools! (or not)

This past April first, I didn't encounter
one.
single.
April Fools joke.


No wool was pulled over my eyes.

No sugar in the salt shaker.

Or switched up shampoo bottles.

Or tricks via the internet.

Or even a sly 'true' text or phone call along the lines of "I broke my foot!" or "I'm sick so I can't come to school today." or "Your shoelaces are untied." 
(Which as an elementary school kid, I never really was conned into believed anyways.)

No such jokes or tricks happened here.


Sigh.

Is that part of growing up?
No more April Fools jokes?
I  was never a practical joke type person
(read: I'm a harmonizer & can't handle them: Your shirt is unbuttoned! -wait 1 second- April Fools!),

But, really?

No comments:

Post a Comment