About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

...A List...

I read a fun book over the weekend called The Beach House by Sally John.
It's a story about four old friends who reunite after 12 years after growing apart.

Although I'm not going to live my life by this list, I thought it was fun to think about.
It's fun to see when I have gone through a few parts of the list and to know that others will most likely happen as I age and mature.
As I become a woman.
And that is pretty crazy to think about!
I guess, like the song, I still have a lot of livin' left to do :)


A Real Woman Has....

A nest egg for personal use.
Something perfect to wear if the employer or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour.
A youth she's content to leave behind.
A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, a hammer, and a black lace bra.
A black dress and a white silk blouse.
One friend who always makes her laugh.
And one who lets her cry.
A good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family.
Eight matching plates, goblets, and a recipe for a meal that will make her guests feel honored.

A Real Woman Knows....How to fall in love.
How to quit a job.
How to confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
When to try harder....and when to walk away.
How to have a good time at a party she'd never choose to attend.
That she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents.
That her childhood may not have been perfect, but it's over.
How to live alone...even if she doesn't like it.
Whom she can trust, whom she can't and why she shouldn't take it personally.
Where to go....be it to her friend's kitchen or a charming inn....when her soul needs soothing.
What she can and can't accomplish in a day, a month, a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment