About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

.today.


instead of complaining about the muscle I pulled in my leg from walking about 5 miles yesterday, I will remember.
I will remember the old man outside Rite Aid who took 4 minutes to walk about 5 yards to get to his car.
I will remember his cane, slow-moving gait, wrinkled face, & weathered smile.

I will not focus on my wrinkles, for I know they come with age.
I will not discount or cast aside someone with wrinkles, for I know they also have wisdom.
I will not focus on that pulled muscle, but on the fact that I could walk those miles.
Without a cane,
at an easy- almost fast pace,
while walking with my friend and her dog.
I will focus on the
conversation,
fellowship, and
the friendship God has richly blessed me with.

That is what I will do.


....................................................


my Facebook status of the day:


I did not burn ONE.SINGLE.THING while using my oven for 1.5 hours today.
This is progress, people.


....especially since I burned three things yesterday

.................................................

I went to bed last night at 11 o'clock.
As in, alarm set, falling asleep, under the covers before 11 o'clock.
This is also MAJOR progress.


today has been a:
sleeping in until 9ish,
making breakfast,
chilling with the sister,
making cookies,
stalking people on facebook,
blog-hopping,
eating lunch waay late,
taking pictures,
still in pj's @ 2,
lazing around,
......................kind of day.





get ready,
library,
store for ice cream & bread (the essentials, duh),
make ice cream sammies with aforementioned homemade cookies,
blog,
make dinner, &
off to lifegroup!
....................................................

A song for today:

P.S. I think I could totally pull off her hairdo.
I can definitely get volume like that just when I wake up in the morning
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment