About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Tidbits from my day.....

Earlier this afternoon, my mom and I were watching a tennis match between Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic.

Apparently, Federer has a really fast serve. Like 100+ miles per hour.

So, my mom asked me what I would do if a ball came at me going 100 miles per hour.

My reply? ........."I would duck."



I was sitting in my parent's family room on facebook on my laptop.
Meanwhile, my mom was on the main computer literally right behind me.

So what does she do?

She got on facebook and started chatting with me!

Because she didn't want to talk out loud or something.

So silly : )





I've been finding sooo many yummy looking recipes for deserts lately.

And I want to make
All  

OF 

THEM.

I'm either pms-ing or just feeding my visual (& hopefully eventually lip-smackin') addiction of sweets.

here are the deets:
Lazy Girl's Chocolate Chip Blondies
Lightened Up Protein Power Goddess Bowl well, .....that one's not actually desert : )
Chocolate Truffle Egg Ganache Tortes
No Bake Black Bottom Pudding Pie


See,
I told you they look yummy!





I told my mom & dad (at different times) I wanted to make a chicken salad for dinner.

They both commented that we had chicken salad last night.

My reply?

It's a chicken. lettuce. salad.


I don't know why I didn't just say 'green salad'.

Cause you know, that makes way more sense.





Note to self : read entire directions fully before making a recipe!

While making dinner, I realized that in my haste to get everything cooked at the same time, I made my pasta all wrong.
I added ingredients too soon, made a mess of the seasonings, and didn't let it boil long enough before adding in ingredients.




Then, later this evening I was at the grocery store and walking down an aisle when I noticed a young guy.

The man was in his mid 20's, tatt-ed up, possibly had earrings, but looked like a decent guy.

He was pushing a full cart, had an infant carrier with a baby in it, and had two little girls running ahead of he and his wife.

They were talking noisily (not too loud though), saying "I want to show you something Mommy!"

The dad said (just loud enough for them to hear),

"Slow down ladies!"

"...Better manners please!"


So awesome : )
just goes to show you can't judge a book by it's cover : )
don't give into those stereotypes folks.



....And what happened to you today?



p.s. I do not care for the abbreviation totes for totally.
I mean, really?
can't you just spell out those .two.extra.letters?

No comments:

Post a Comment