About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thus far...

I've had a crazy December & January.
To Say The Least!
And, I've been working on making changes in my life and my blog.
At first, I thought I could cut corners simply to please myself and achieve my end goals (speaking very figuratively here).
And you know what? After doing some thinking, praying, & searching, I know for certain that that is a very vain & pathetic way to live. Attempting the last step in a 20 step process will not allow you to have desired results. On top of that, you will not be able to learn, grow, meet challenges, face adversity, or make tough decisions. By cutting corners this way, you cannot enjoy the process of growing & finally achieving your goal.

I know what you're thinking: "Well, of course, Grace! Isn't that common sense?"

And my response? "I know, right?! I just said a big, delayed, DUH!  finally :)"

Okay, so to shorten things up,
I've decided not to cut corners, but to truly figure out my priorities, seek God & godly advice, and not to listen to anything else that only gets in the way of all of this!

Here are some verses that have been giving me encouragement & hope:

"Though he slay me, I will trust in him."
Job 13:15

"And let us not grow weary of doing good,
for in due season we will reap,
if we do not give up."
Galatians 6:9


Have you had any "DUH!!" moments lately?
&
What's been encouraging you lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment