About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Monday, January 3, 2011

End of the Year

*One of my many posts from my draft folder.
I wrote this after attending a Dec. 26th Sunday morning message &
then one on a Sunday night on January 2nd.
This one is dated January 3rd:  *


I have wanted to post for a long time now.
I have been thinking about this for awhile now.
I wanted to write about so many different things during this season of Christmas and New Years.

Then I got a reality check from God and realized some things.
I have been living very selfishly during my 'free time'.
Because of this, I'm not going to post some of those things right now.
But, I am going to mention one thing.

This year, instead of starting off selfishly,
I am going to start off this new year with a prayer.

"God,
I give you this year.
I know that you already 'have' it, but right now,
in this moment, I want You to have it.
Own it.
Take it all.
Take care of it.
Please continue teaching me, stretching me, and making me grow.
I give you this year for only You know what is in store for me.
Please allow me to remember this prayer.
Please remind me to live realistically.
I know that some of the dreams and passions you have given me lately are for a reason.
I know that some of them may come true and some may not taste life or be experienced.
I trust in YOU.
I trust in your provisions, your care, your sovereignty, your ability to teach, mold, shape, & grow.
Please remind me to do all things, "whether in word or deed," to do it all for your glory. (Colossians 3:17)
I have hope in YOU.
I hope that some of said dreams may come to light.
I have hope in the plans you have for my year.
I believe in YOU.
I know that you did not give me this life to live complacently, apathetically, in isolation, or selfishly for myself.
I know that you did not give me this life to reach a destination, but to journey in my pursuit of Christ.
You created me to enjoy this journey.
I recognize you have the controls, Life is impermanent, Take all of me, everything that I am,
Thank you for so much more than I can ever fathom,
Thank you for all of my abundant blessings in life, and for the fact that I have life,
Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment