About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cake

Something I started a long time ago.... (May 6th of 2009)


Can we have our cake and eat it too?

I volunteer at Easterby Elementary School doing outreach with Saturday Sports in a poorer section of Fresno.
I also have spent many hours volunteering at Neighborhood Thrift yet.....delighting in the fact that I live in a safe & affluent neighborhood.
Thinking these thoughts,
am I being hypocritical/inconsistent/insensitive?
Does this mindframe make my volunteering any less valuable or leave impressions in kingdom work without a kingdom life?
Am I living too simply?

Over the last few months my goal, anthem, and theme has been to: Simply Live.


Simply Live
Reading in Ephesians one day, I realized something I wasn't doing right. Although I was living, and living a life for God, I needed to adjust my focus. I needed to: live a life worthy of the calling (Ephesians 4:1). I needed to simply live.
Not necessarily live simply, but simply live. Live a life worthy of God's call of a life for Him. And that my dear, is simple. Not quite easy or uncomplicated, but not impossible or unachievable. And because of that, I can simply live. I must simply live

No comments:

Post a Comment