About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Guittard's

Bittersweet

















Saturday was a bittersweet day.

I went to FPU's commencement.
Watching my former classmates of 2010 commence their final day at FPU, I felt a mix of excitement, pride, sadness, and longing.
For although I was extremely proud of my friends and classmates, I so badly longed to have continued my time at FPU. I told myself that that wasn't entirely true because although I missed my friends and the social and spiritual aspects of FPU that I do not have any longer at my new school, I strongly appreciate God's redirection of my college plans. I know that I am right where God wants me, going to Fresno State. I am at my school for a reason. Whether it is to shine a light in my classes, at my job, or in the various interactions I have at school. However, it's still hard to see many of my friends complete a part of life that I am not done with. This is also not entirely true though. I am so glad that I chose to transfer because I am really satisfied in the major I am completing, the level of education I am receiving, and the courses I am taking. FPU definitely has limitations in class size and offered courses and I now that had I remained at FPU, I would probably be somewhat dissatisfied with my courses. Although I definitely do not agree with all of the messages I receive at my school, the morals some of my coworkers hold to, or even understand the ethical logic many at State have, I know God guided me to the right place. I am truly learning many things, I am learning academically while learning about life, love, God, and society.

Phew. I am getting a little lengthy, so to close, I agree that although Saturday was bittersweet, strawberries dipped in a mixture of bittersweet and semisweet chocolate are wonderfully complementary.

No comments:

Post a Comment