About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tatts

When I was younger, I was very legalistic.
I adamantly opposed popular music, movies, profanity, drinking, and tattoos.

Quite a few years later, I have rethought my position on most of these topics.
I have thought long and hard about tattoos.
On one hand, I believe that my body is not my own, but God's. Because of this, I believe that it is my job to preserve and delight God through it. Some may interpret this that by having un-tattooed skin, I can further glorify God in my preservation of a part of His creation.
I choose to live my life in a way that will not cause others to stumble, and therefore, join me in my sinful nature.

On the other hand, I believe that my body is not my own. But that I was created by God, for His purposes.
As a result, I believe that everything He created is delightful, purposeful, and unique. Therefore, just like the freckles God designed for me to have on my skin, I believe that adding my own art onto my skin can also be a reflection of God's beauty.
Yes, I do believe that tattoos are a form of art. As a result, I believe that tattoos are usually a personal action and they should be designed that way. Wherever you place a tattoo on your body, people will be able to view that art form and interpret it in their own way. While my parents and older generations see tattoos as a in-your-face and blaring attempt for attention, I view them as an art form that should be tasteful and carefully planned. I think that personal tattoos should be located in personal areas of the body and that it is more tasteful to have one that can be adequately covered up when working in a professional or church-related area.

I have thought about tattoos for awhile and if I want to get one of my own. (Heart behind ear / Live what you love)
If I were to ever get one, I have a good idea of the design and where I would want it located.
I ran across some tattoos online and resonated with quite a few. Here are a few:

'e' & the alphabet                       &                   the She & Him album cover
love the font on this one
so simple. so small
awesome. better full size
silly. simple. love it

1 comment:

  1. Hi, can I have a full size photo of silly, simple tattoo from your blog? Four colour blocks... Thanks a lot ;) Andy
    o.cermak.o@seznam.cz

    ReplyDelete