About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

WSM

Oh those three little letters. There are so many thoughts and memories wrapped up into that little acronym. sigh

I am involved with WSM (Well Student Ministries) and I am slowly starting to help lead a life group (Bible study) for junior and seniors in our high school group.
And although I have not been with WSM for very long, I have gotten to know my group of junior & senior girls pretty well.

While we have had many girls come and go, some consistent, some not so consistent, I have had a blast seeing God work in their lives.

Tonight was a fun time of reflecting, reviewing, giving advice, and honoring our graduating seniors & our three foreign exchange students. It was also definitely a time where I thought back to my senior night in high school. There was a lot of excitement finishing another school year, finally finishing high school, moving on to bigger and better, moving to another city to start college, and leaving the comfort, routine, and familiarity of home. Wow. The last few weeks of high school definitely included quite a handful of emotions!


Anyways, not that any of my girls will probably ever read this, but if you ever did, I want you to know that I am so grateful to have met you and get the chance to share life with you, and I will truly miss you next year Alex, Jenn, & Ally!
Good luck in your first year of college!
I know I certainly learned a lot during that first year! (which is definitely an understatement :) and I am so glad that I was fortunate enough to go to a school out of town just like two of you. My parents are huge supporters for me and I am so glad that you all have your parents' support and encouragement & finances to go into this next stage of life!
God has big things in store for all of you and knows how your first year out of high school will turn out- I urge you to continue following Him!

And now, onto the foreign exchange students who are returning to your home countries in a few weeks!
Tanya, Kristine, and Loretta, I am so glad that I met each of you, for every conversation we have had, and for the opportunity to live life with you!
Each one of you has taught myself and our group so very much about living in a foreign country, going to a new school, living with a new (and sometimes drastically different) family, about living in a completely foreign (for a lack of better words) environment, community, and world. You have taught us about God, your personal & host families, and about the struggle to live a 'normal' life far removed from your previous version of normal.
Thank you for stepping out in faith and choosing to live in the US, California, and in Fresno and Clovis.
Just as your lives will forever be changed by your time spent here in the US, my life will be changed from knowing you!

Lastly,
to all the junior, senior, and foreign exchange girls in our life group, Thanks!
Thank you for living with us, teaching us, and loving with us!
I have loved meeting every one of you and I am so thankful that God has placed you in WSM and in my life!
You are amazing, beautiful, and awesome girls and I thank God for each one of you!
You are a blessing, you are a gift, and you are a crazy amount of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment