About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

a still small voice

Lately, the song "Restless" by Audrey Assad has really been speaking to me.

I haven't resonated with the overall message of the song as much as I usually do, rather I've resonated with a few specific lines.

You dwell in the songs that we are singing

Rising to the Heavens
Rising to Your heart
Our praises filling up the spaces
In between our frailty and everything You are
You are the keeper of my heart

And I'm restless
I’m restless
'Til I rest in You
(Oh God I wanna rest in You)

Oh speak now for my soul is listening
Say that You have saved me
Whisper in the dark
'Cause I know You’re more than my salvation
Without You I am hopeless
Tell me who You are
You are the keeper of my heart

Still my heart
Hold me close
Let me hear a still small voice
Let it grow
Let it rise
Into a shout
Into a cry

I am restless until I rest in You


I have felt restless for awhile now.
Quite a few loong months actually.

Lately I've been more consistent with reading my Bible in the morning.
And it's been good, but I've wanted to have a truly [q.u.i.e.t] time.

Where I'm quiet and God shows up.

Basically, because of everything I've been learning.

During my daily reading  through Psalms, I've seen the need to be still before God, wait patiently for Him, and put my trust in God. And a few months ago, the purpose behind the devotional Jesus Calling really spoke to me. More recently, I've been listening to Angry Conversations with God which has really spoken to me about my daily walk with God and the type of conversations I have with him.


....So, I've been restless.
And every time I hear "Let me hear a still small voice"

I feel that longing again.

I long to hear God's voice.
To clearly see his direction in my life.
To get past my immediate humanness and see others, their needs, goals, and dreams.

My prayer is to:
Be still before the LORD
and wait patiently for him...
Psalm 37:7

No comments:

Post a Comment