About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Friday, July 22, 2011

friends & blessings

Resolve:
 Good friends are worth it.

That is just chalk full of truth!


Over the past few months I feel like I've been in a different season of friendship.

For a long time I struggled with not having a physical support system of friends.
Although I have many friends,
I mostly connected to them via facebook/texting/occasional brief chats at church.
-
all 'normal' modes of communication, but.....
-
it just wasn't face to face talking and one-on-one hanging out.

This was a rough time for me, especially with everything else going on in my life which I correlated to my need for further support.

I became pretty discouraged and frustrated from the {seeming} lack of effort from my friends.

I know, I know, I'm getting pretty close to whining/complaining.
Attempting honesty though.


For awhile, it felt like I was the one giving.
all.
the.
time.
In every. single. friendship.

It seemed like it was getting harder and harder to find someone every time I wanted or needed a friend.

And soon, it seemed more like work than friendship.

But then?
God completely blessed me by placing me on the other end, finally being the receiver!
I also had one friendship completely start up again out of the blue.
-
without pretty much any effort on my part.

Which was a huge blessing.

It was such a needed repreive.
A break.
A breath of fresh air.
A friend who wanted and needed me.

Without prompting by.
And not just for a few minutes, but much longer.

My friend Amanda and I have been kind of getting to know each other again over the past few months.
And it has been lovely.
As a true friend, she is truly a blessing from God.
The friendship, characteristics, and values that we share are just a few things that God has blessed us with.

Basically, we share the same neurotic tendencies.
--Like being people pleasers/harmonizers,
having sisters as best friends,
and worrying & stressing about the same things.--

Looking back now and reading through my journal over the past season of my life,
I can very clearly see my cries and petitions from God.

And now, I have seen, tasted, and experienced His answer.
I am certain he is good.
He most certainly does answer prayers.

Also, looking back over the past few months, I can see how God has blessed me.
He has give me many great moments.
Moments of friendship.
Days with joy. laughter. hugs. love.


And then I realized a few days later......

How often do I treat God like this?
How often do I put him on the giving end instead of the receiving end?
My answer: I'm still a work in progress.

I will daily be striving, working, and trying to put him first -not delighting in me from afar, waiting patiently until I turn to him to taste his goodness.

A verse that I'm choosing as my anthem for this lesson of God's goodness and delight:
Psalm 34:8
{Taste and see that the Lord is good:blessed is the man who trusts in him.}


So tell me,
 What is the verse for your current season of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment