About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

metaphor for my life

“I will tell you what a tragedy is.

I will show you how to waste your life.

Consider this story from the February 1998 Reader’s Digest:
A couple ‘took early retirement from their jobs in the Northeast
five years ago when he was 59 and she was 51. Now they live in
Punta Gorda, Florida, where they cruise on their 30-foot trawler,
play softball and collect shells. . . .’

Picture them before Christ at the great day of judgment:


Look, Lord. See my shells?'


That is a tragedy.



Wise words for how I've been feeling about my relationship with God lately. Not bad, but definitely not good. More like pathetic, apathetic, and most scary of all, complacent. I have not been awake and have not been watching God work and move. At the end of the day, the most frustrating thing for me is that I have not even been trying to work and move in this world for Him.

No.

I have been pathetically saying, 'Look, Lord. See my shells?'

No comments:

Post a Comment