About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Reflections

I have this written on my hand right now....

Captivating you are,
Calling to my heart you are,

Calling me to be yours,
To be yours.



And another...


Your name is holy, your name is wonderful
Your name is father, your name is wonderful.

Your name is redeemer, Your name is wonderful
Your name is forgiveness, Your name is wonderful

I exalt Thee, I exalt Thee
I exalt Thee, O Lord

I exalt Thee, I exalt Thee
I exalt Thee, O Lord

Your name is savior, Your name is wonderful

Your name is Jesus, Your name is wonderful
Your name is mercy, Your name is wonderful
Your name is healing, Your name is wonderful

I exalt Thee, I exalt Thee
I exalt Thee, O Lord
I exalt Thee, I exalt Thee
I exalt Thee, O Lord


I love going to The Well. Not because it is a cool place to go or the thing to do on Sunday night, but because I finally feel at home there.
I love the teaching staff, the music ministers to me at the times when I need it most, and I love the people!
At the beginning of the school year my sister and I decided to make the commitment and help with Kids Connection. Trading off with some friends from Pacific, we help with Sunday school every other weekend. I have learned so much helping with my five's and Kindergartners and I think Rach can say the same about her 1st -3rd graders.
Some kids touch my heart with their sincerity, wackiness, and interesting behavior. For instance, while explaining the story about Jesus walking on water, the question was asked, "Do you think he could walk on the water? " To which one little girl with flaming-red hair replied, "No silly, it was Jesus!" That puts things into perspective! (As does playing with your dress and lifting up the skirt around your arms so that your lower-half shows to all who care to look. Or coming out of the bathroom before butting or zipping up your pants -luckily only a couple girls were there that night.)
Ah, the life of kids. I think the thing that amazes me the most is when a little girl or boy will say something like the little girl above did. The faith, innocence, and sincerity found in their remarks, thoughts, and faces is just mind-blowing to me.

Remembering these thoughtful moments, I ask myself: Why have I lost that mentality?
Well for one thing, I have lived longer than these children. But I think the main reason is that I have lost the mentality of service and and centralized heart. Tonight's message by Brad Bell is just what I needed. Go to iTunes to hear the message from the Well Community Church.

Playing guitar usually puts me in a pensive mood and I think it helped me focus better at church tonight. I love the ability to make music, combining words with notes, and praise the Lord. Not that I am good at all, but I feel that God has given me the blessed ability to learn songs and praise him in a somewhat reverent and unique way. I like that God gives us abilities to glorify, lift up, and adore Him. Or as Ben Wrightman says in Fever Pitch, "I like being part of something that's bigger than me-than I."


Continuing, Ben says another interesting line, "It's good for your soul to invest in something that you can't control."


Now isn't that interesting for being a somewhat-questionable-at-times PG-13 rated movie?


I thought so. Maybe there is a little theology inside of every wonderful and corrupt thing in life. Maybe my window is becoming bigger.

Or maybe I just know what to look for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment