About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Live modestly

Life Lessons / Expertise

Don't put every thing on the line.
I set aside money for playing poker, and I risk only
a small amount of it on each game. You can't take
advantage of big financial opportunities (a passion,
a new job, a potential investment) if you're too
stretched. That means you need to maintain a lifestyle
that's more modest than you can actually afford. Even
then, you should never put all your time or cash into
one venture. The odds of ruin are just too high.

Annie Duke is a Los Angeles-based professional
poker player. She won the World Series of Poker
Tournament of Champions in 2004 and the
National Heads-Up Poker Championship in 2010.

via Real Simple: February 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment