About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pajama Day

Yep! I tottled around my apartment all day in my pajamas!
Now for most people this happens occasionally on Saturdays, but since I have been having busy and early mornings on Saturdays for about the last 2 months, today was the day. I believe I got my full 12 hours of sleep last night. maybe just a little shy of that but oh well. I tried :)
If you know me pretty well, you know that I function much better with long periods of rest. (Hence the childhood nickname Sleeping Beauty and the contest of seeing how late I could sleep past my sisters on Saturdays.)
However, if you also know me much at all, you know that I am a night owl and love to stay up late doing really pointless stuff. Like watching tv or movies, eating ice cream, doing on-line window shopping, or looking up recipes that I'll probably never make. or... -ahem, reading tons of blogs-
Now don't go thinking I'm a bad person for sleeping in so late on a Sunday. It is a day of rest after all and I like to go to church at night when I'm in Fresno.
It has been a rather relaxing day. Slept in late, had some crazy-weird dreams, made a simple lunch that somehow took a loong time, ate some chocolate covered strawberries (cassie- you probably shouldn't have offered them to me- they may be gone soon!), thought about going to the gym, sort of unconsciously decided not to go to the gym, talked to my seester on the phone and had to keep asking her the same question because I wasn't really listening to her, caught up on some blog stalking, and did the norm of avoiding homework. Maybe I'll do some later- I really need to start studying for some finals. I would LOVE to get A's in all of my classes- especially because I know I'm capable of doing so in most of them! Hmmmm I wonder what I got on that test on Friday? (An A???? Please God? I studied real hard!)
Okay so yeah, I have a few blogs to be posted soon- probably tonight. Gotta dash to get ready for church- yeah, should have done that after I woke up this morning :)
Who am I kidding? If I get married, the guy better know these flaws about me, needing tons of sleep and not getting 'ready for the day' (as my mom would say) until about 2 o'clock, and not getting much done in a day. And you know what? I'm praying for a guy that will love me for that! or maybe motivate me to get my butt moving earlier in the day!

PS: prayer request: God please give me some answers about a job and housing! I'm getting antsy and starting to lose hope! Ah! Give me peace and please keep the reminders coming that I do not have control over my life and your plans always win over mine. (Last night was a good reminder of that: good friend had her car broken into. Thanks God for blessings that will come out of her situation and thanks that it wasn't me!) Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment