About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

In uncertain times, I find myself drawn to lyrically based songs, phrases, and proverbs.
And you know what? I don't think that's a bad thing.
I really am a romantic at heart. I'm not such a negative and pessimistic person in my heart of hearts. Thank God for that :)

I am an instrument of the living God, my life a melody to his name.
More than the songs I sing, worship is everything
I live to glorify my King
Hear the song of my life, let it be a sweet, sweet sound, let it be a sweet, sweet sound
I raise this anthem high, let it be a sweet, sweet sound, let it be a sweet, sweet sound
Through all the mire and clay You're washing me with grace
You carry me, oh Lord, through it all, so I will testify even in the fire
I live to praise my Savior
Let everything that has breath Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord And all creation will sing Hallelujah

There is Love, that came for us
Humbled to a sinner's cross
You broke my shame and sinfulness
You rose again victorious

Faithfulness none can deny
Through the stormAnd through the fire
There is truth that sets me free
Jesus Christ who lives in me

You are stronger, You are stronger
Sin is broken
You have saved me
It is written Christ is risen
Jesus You are Lord of all

No beginning and no end
You're my hope and my defence
You came to seek and save the lost
You paid it all upon the cross

You are stronger, You are stronger
Sin is broken
You have saved me
It is written
Christ is risen
Jesus You are Lord of all

So let Your Name be lifted higher Be lifted higher Be lifted higher


He is jealous for me
Love's like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great your affections are for me.

Oh, how He loves us so
Oh, how He loves us
How He loves us so.
Yeah, He loves us.

So we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss
and my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way
That he loves us,
Woah, how He loves us
Woah, how He loves us
Woah, how He loves


I've been staring at the sky tonight, marvelling and passing time
Wondering what to do with daylight, until I can make you mine
You are the one I want, you are the one I want
I've been thinking of changing my mind, it never stays the same for long
But of all the things I know for sure, You're the only certain one
You are the one I want, you are the one I want

I've been counting up all my wrongs, one sorry for each star
See I'd apologise my way to you, if the heavens stretched that far
You are the one I want, you are the one I want

I won't find what I am looking for
If I only "see" by keeping score
Cause I know now you are so much more than arithmetic
Cause if I add, if I subtract
If I give it all, try to take some back
I've forgotten the freedom that comes from the fact
That you are the sum................So you are the one I want

When the years are showing on my face, and my strongest days are gone
When my heart and flesh depart this place, from a life that sung your song
You'll still be the one I want



Sweet, sweet sound
Stronger
How He Loves
Arithmetic

Such wisdom beyond my years. I hope to one day attain this level of worship and awe of God to write a song such as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment