About Me

My photo
Hi. You found me. Thanks for clicking over! Sit and stay awhile..... This is the view from my window... As I move around my little valley I call 'home,' I've had many different views & this is the one that I keep coming back to.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Prayer for Today

I made you promises a thousand times
I tried to hear from Heaven
But I talked the whole time
I think I made You too small
I never feared You at all, No
If You touched my face would I know You?
Looked into my eyes could I behold You?

What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

I guess I thought that I had figured You out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How You were mighty to save
Those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees

What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame?
And a God who gave life its name?
What do I know of Holy?
Of the One who the angels praise?
All creation knows Your name
On earth and heaven above
What do I know of this love?

What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

What do I know of Holy?

What do I know of Holy?


Learning to trust God and completely give up my worries, dreams, and future to Him is quite amazing.
I have been learning lately that I really need to do this.
If I do not, I stand against God and I am plaqued by the devil.
It may seem a bit strange at first, but it's true.
I have learned the hard way that worry, anxiety, and most forms of stress are not of God but of the devil.
Therefore, I have to remind myself over and over again who I belong to, who I am living for (well, who I aim to live for), and I have to literally tell myself 'worry is not of God'.
Yes, a certain amount of stress is a part of life but what my mind has been wandering to lately is not right.
I do have to add that I don't always help myself out. I can do things to make things run smoothly. However, I am often forgetful, lazy, and do not want to actually put effort into things that are important.

School is a big example of that. Lately, I have been procrastinating a lot but honestly, it ends now.

Now, I am going to be proactive and truly live my life.

Simply Live
- Ephesians 4:1-
"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received."

-Romans 12:12-
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."


I used to think this prayer was a load of baloney, but it really has helped me lately.
Things do not always have to come straight from the Bible to still contain bits of wisdom.
God grant me....
the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment